The resignation of the attorney general of Hama, Syria
Mr. Adnan Muhammad al-Bakkour the attorney general of Hama Syria posted a video tape on Youtube announcing his resignation. Here is the complete translation of his statement.
I, the attorney general of Hama, Adnan Muhammad al-Bakkour, announce my resignation from my position in the state that is shadowed by Assad and his gangs. I summarize the causes of my resignation by the following:
1. The killing of the prisoners in the “Central Prison of Hama” on Sunday 7/31/2011. Their number is 72 prisoners of the peaceful demonstrators and political activists. They have been buried in mass graves near the village of al-Khalidyah beside the “Military Security” branch in Hama.
2. The mass graves in the public parks made by the security forces and the death squads (al-Shabyha). The number of their victims numbers up to 420 or more. I was asked to present a report declaring that these victim were killed by the hand of “Armed Gangs.”
3. Random arrests of the peaceful demonstrators. Their number reaches around 10,000 persons.
4. The torture in the security branches. Their victims amount to 320 citizens. I was forced to give order to bury 17 of the torture victims. They have been transported from the refrigerators to the “al-Khadraa” Cemetery in al-Srayhin.
5. The Syrian Army has destroy homes with their residents in them in the neighborhood of al-Hamediyah and al-Qusur. Bodies were left under the ruins for several days until they started to decompose.
I have a long list of documents and witnesses of such atrocities and I will announce them in the future. I am listing here in short the name of the criminals who committed these atrocities towards the unarmed civilians:
1. Minister of the Interior, Muhammad al-Shaar. (محمد الشعار)He supervised and managed the military campaign against Hama directly and in person.
2. Brigadier General (Amid) Muhammad Muflih, (محمد مفلح)the chief of the Military Security Branch in Hama.
3. Brigadier General Abd al-Hamid Idris (عبد الحميد إدريس)
4. Brigadier (Muqaddam) Naji al-Sabbagh, (ناجي الصباغ) Chief of the Air Force Intelligence in Hama.
5. Brigadier General Jihad Hasan, (جهاد حسن) Chief of the State Security Branch in Hama.
6. Brigadier General Husam Luqa, (حسام لوقا) Chief of the Political Security in Hama.
7. Brigadier General Ibrahim Khalifah (ابراهيم خليفة)deputy of Head of the Police in Hama.
8. Brigadier (Muqaddam) Muhammad Ahmad Malhis, (محمد أحمد ملحس)
9. Captain (Ra’id) Watheq Kanjo. (واثق كنجو)
10. First Lieutenant Shadi Hunidy, (شادي هندي) supervisor of the torture in the Central Prison.
11. Brigadier (Muqaddam) Sulaiman Jumaah, (سليمان جمعة)supervisor of the torture in the Central Prison.
12. First Sergeant (Musaad Awwal) Ramiz Ali. (رامز علي)
13. Colonel Suhail Sulaiman. (سهيل سليمان)
14. Sergeant Anwar al-Hasan. (أنور الحسن)
This is what the reality of what is happening in Hama.
“Never think that Allah is oblivious of what the unjust are doing” Peace be with you.
I am not sure of the correct translation of the following military ranks: Muqaddam; Musaad Awwal, and Musaad.